Image by Vespula FPV - author of the FPV Flight Dynamics book.
This is a quick reference guide for the different sizes and types of multirotors available categorised using propeller and rotorbase size. There are some unique builds that don’t quite fit in these categories, but generally, most multirotors correspond to these propeller and rotorbase size classes.
- Type - Tinywhoops
- Prop Sizes - 1" to 2"
- Rotorbase - Less than 100mm to 120mm
- Type - Toothpicks and Cinewhoops
- Prop Sizes - 2’" to 4"
- Rotorbase - 120mm to 190mm
- Type - Racers and Freestylers
- Prop Sizes - 4’" to 7"
- Rotorbase - 190mm to 280mm
- Type - BAMFs
- Prop Sizes - 12" to 18"
- Rotorbase - 1000mm and more